Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Yay! Back Again!

Zombie Marlowe trying to keep cool by exposing his little grey belly to the breeze.

Sorry, sorry, I know I vanished again. Life has been smacking me around a bit. One of my best friend's mother passed away recently after a long illness and it was tragic and hard and I have been worrying about my friend.

Also, it has been getting hotter here as the dreaded Summer lurches into view. I don't do well in the heat. I hate it. With a deep and abiding passion. So I tend to shut down a little when summer comes along. But! We have signed a deal with our landlords whereby we install airconditioning and they don't raise the rent for specified period of time. Financially, we will come out ahead, and we will have the Transcendant Bliss of Cool Air on Demand in Defiance of the Horrible Hotness.

The other thing which has been stressful is that we have stray kitten living under the house. Needless to say, we've been leaving food and water out for it, but it's terrified of us. I'm not coping too well with having a poor baby kitten so near by that I can't pick up and cuddle and adore and overfeed. We're trying to work out a plan to trap it so that we can look after it properly.

But there have been good things. I have not blocked the Finished Blankie because of the hotness, but I have been knitting. And ripping. And knitting. And ripping. And knitting. Dave gave me a KnitPicks Options needle set for our anniversary (13 years! Awww!) so I have been playing happily with those.

And I feel much better about my stash after seeing this incredible blog post.

So how are you all doing, hmmm?

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Peeve!!! Missed you! Congrats on your anniversary - and on getting air conditioning soon. Ahhhh. It's hard to imagine you sweltering while we're freezing up here!

12:16 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Hooray for aircon! I've missed you too. Good luck with the kitten :)

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you are! Congrats on the air conditioning. I hate hot weather with a passion. I keep forgetting that it's summer there. I hope you're able to lure the kitten out.

5:58 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Ah, I thought that E's mum may have gone from something gibbering said. *hugs*
Blessed Cool Air! We have *plenty* of cold air here! It is cold here in Waterloo Canada.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Air conditioning is sent from Heaven.

I can just imagine about the kitty under you! Poor both you.

Merry Christmas!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back! We've missed you

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home